April 13, 2012

Seeds Have Taken Root Part 2

Thursday Feb. 23rd 10:30 pm -- We receive a knock at our door, and right there in front of us was the answer to prayer that we had asked God for only mere hours before. 


Earlier that afternoon I had felt prompted to ask the Lord for something HUGE and very specific. When it comes to praying and asking the Lord for things, I have no problem doing that. I love talking with Him, and going to Him on behalf of others, etc etc. But one thing I struggle with is telling the Big Guy how to do His job. Do ya know what I mean? Is this resonating with anyone else? Anyhow, on this particular day, I knew I was supposed to take my prayer a step further, go out on a limb, and in FAITH ask of the Lord to just make money appear out of nowhere for this adoption. 


Let's backtrack again, shall we? Days prior, I had received an answer to prayer that I had been waiting for for 12+ years or so. Mark was ready! He was on board and eager to get the adoption ball rollin'. I felt as though my 'major answers to prayer quota' had been all used up that week. Surely, theres some kind of mandatory time constraint in-between majorly hearing from God, right? WRONG. In this particular case, that mode of thinking was way wrong. The Lord was just getting started. 


I went to Mark that Feb afternoon and shared with Him what I felt we were supposed to ask of the Lord. To my surprise he agreed, and didn't think I had completely lost my marbles. He began praying with me for money to just show up. We then went about our day, never really discussing it again. 


10:30 pm-- The girls are sound asleep, Mark is just crawling into bed and I'm veggin' on the couch soaking up the quiet. There's a random knock at the door. (Late night knocks at the door freak me out. I looked around for a bat, but in a house full of little girls the best I could come up with was a Barbie. She would have to do.) To my surprise it wasn't an axe murderer, but a trusted face. They needed to chat, so Mark and I were quick to invite them in. They begin to explain to us that about 7 weeks prior, the Lord clearly told them they were to give us money. "Uh, the Brewers? Seriously? You want me to give them how much? But Lord, so many others could use that money!" The Lord assured them He had a plan, they needed to trust Him, and WAIT until He said go! (**note: NO ONE KNEW WE WERE GOING TO ADOPT! At the time the Lord asked this person to give us money, Mark was not yet on board.**) Can you see where this is going? This trusted friend then went on to tell us that on that very afternoon--FEB 23RD--the Lord gave them the go ahead to give us the money! They handed us a check for a substantial amount. I began to sob, and then Mark proceeded to explain how we prayed for that exact thing mere hours prior. 


THAT my friends, is some serious hallelujah praise Jesus shouting ground right there! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!


Would you believe that it's happened again since? Yes, more money just randomly showed up at our door this very week for Baby Brewer. PRAISE THE LORD!!! 


This is only the beginning of an amazing journey, friends! So glad to share it with each of you! 


"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Ephesians 3:20 

4 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow! I'm blown away at this news. Not just of the desire to adopt a child but also at God's goodness and how He is working in this situation! Amazing Grace! I am very excited for you all as you take this big step in your lives. God richly bless you all. Pam

Sarah Beth said...

Liz, this is amazing! Glory to God! I am excited to see how God continues to work this adoption out for you guys!

Angela said...

QOh Liz, you've got me crying now. :)
God is so good.
This encouraged me today for different reasons.
This is something you will NEVER forget and get to share with your kids for years. I LOVE THAT!!!!

Sarah Cannwy said...

That's awesome! I love it when God works in such ways. Can't wait to see what happens next as you await Baby Brewer!